Thursday, April 25, 2013

Response to Tammy Chou's question on John Smith

Do you think there is a benefit over laying off employees as opposed to cutting wages? If you were the owner of a company, would you have more than one plan? What would it be?

I think there would be a large benefit of laying off the employees over cutting wages because either way your going to effect the workers. You dont necessarily need a large number of employees. In todays world managers and owners are more likely to lay people off than to cut wages, its just the reality. If I were owner of the company Im not sure I would have a plan for such a small company. I would definitely deny the offer of selling my employees names to the car company. I think it breaks the laws of ethics.
Are ethics as important in todays business world as they once were?

No comments:

Post a Comment